People For the American Way Foundation is a national organization that defends constitutional and civil rights and promotes the democratic values of citizen participation, freedom of expression, freedom of religion, and respect for diversity.
Young People For (YP4) is a youth-driven and youth-led program that brings together young leaders and activists from across the nation who are eager to ensure that progressive voices are heard on critical issues, such as civil liberties, the judiciary, religious freedom, economic justice and civil rights. This program is designed for serious people who are interested in being leaders and making a difference. Together we are building a long-term network of emerging leaders committed to protecting our nation's fundamental rights and freedoms. Young People For is a project of People For the American Way Foundation, a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization.
Young People For is offering full-time and part-time internships in New York City. Stipends may be available, but most internships are unpaid. Young People For will work with interns to arrange academic credit. We encourage applicants who are eligible for the Federal Work-Study program to ask their college's financial aid department for information about receiving payment for a YP4 internship.
Young People For interns:
- Help with the Young People For Fellow nationwide recruitment process
- Conduct and support research on youth leadership programs targeting college leaders and activists
- Conduct and support research on social issues that affect young people
- Monitor national, state and local issues of interest to YP4 Fellows
- Assist as needed with advocacy work for YP4 In Action, a 501(c)(4) organization
Please send resume and statement of interest to:
Young People For
People For the American Way Foundation
People For the American Way Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position open until filled.