Disclaimer: Content on the YP4 blog does not necessarily reflect the views of Young People For or People For the American Way Foundation. The views, ideas, statements or claims posted on this site by members of the public cannot in any way be attributed to either Young People For or People For the American Way Foundation.
YP4 Office – New York City
People For the American Way Foundation conducts research, legal, and
education work on behalf of First Amendment freedoms and democratic
values; monitors, exposes, and challenges the Religious Right movement
and its political allies; identifies, trains, and supports the next
generation of progressive leaders through its Young People For youth
leadership programs and its Young Elected Officials Network; and
carries out nonpartisan voter education, registration, civic
participation, and election protection activities.
Young People For (YP4) is a youth-driven and youth-led program that
brings together young leaders and activists from across the nation who
are eager to ensure that progressive voices are heard on critical
issues, such as the judiciary, religious freedom, economic justice,
civil rights and constitutional protections. This program is designed
for serious people who are interested in being leaders and making a
difference. Together we are building a long-term network of emerging
leaders committed to protecting our nation’s fundamental rights and
Young People For is offering full- and part-time paid internships in New York City.
- Conduct and support research on progressive and conservative young
leadership programs targeted toward college leaders and activists.
- Archive media coverage and other third-party representations of YP4 and Fellows for future reference and evaluation.
- Copyedit materials as needed.
- Format and set up HTML-based e-mails using an open-source platform.
- Help maintain YP4’s online profiles (MyBloc, Future5000, Facebook, MySpace, Rethos and YouTube).
- Select blog entries, and assemble “Best of the YP4 Blog,” for the weekly rundown.
- Post entries to the YP4 Blog (blog.youngpeoplefor.org) on a regular basis.
- Promote the YP4 Blog by commenting on and cross-posting entries.
- Upload videos to YP4’s YouTube channel and other appropriate venues.
- Assist with other communications activities as needed.
- Excellent writing, editing and organizational skills; and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to show initiative and strong problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of HTML and MSOffice applications; familiarity with CSS preferred.
- Experience navigating social networking platforms and websites, and interest in learning new technologies.
- Blogging experience preferred but not required.
- Graphics experience, including ability to work with Photoshop, helpful.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people.
- Interest in progressive issues.
To apply, please send a resume and a cover letter to Aliza Bartfield at ebartfield@pfaw [dot] org.
People For the American Way Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.