2014 YP4 National Summit
Planning is currently underway for the 2014 YP4 National Summit!
SAVE THE DATE: The YP4 National Summit will be held on January 17th - 20th, 2014 in Arlington, VA.
- What is the Summit all about?
- Who will be at the Summit?
- Where will the Summit be held?
- What should I pack? What should I wear?
- What should I know about traveling to the National Summit?
- What will and won't YP4 cover?
Fellows will receive an e-mail with specific information about their room assignments, roommates and other logistics by the beginning of January. Contact Zach Dryden at firstname.lastname@example.org with any other Fellowship-related inquiries.
For press credentials, please contact Joy Lawson.
What is the Summit all about?
Fellows who successfully engage throughout the first four months of the Fellowship are invited to participate in the National Summit, a gathering of the full Fellowship class, as well as other national progressive leaders. During the Summit, the Fellowship program pivots from working with Fellows to build their individual capacity to working with them to create change in their communities.
At the Summit, Fellows will learn powerful strategies for making change from national progressive movement leaders, they will share strategies with each other, and build the foundation of a national network that will support them over the long term. It is a working Summit, during which Fellows create a Blueprint for Social Justice – an action plan to create sustainable, community-driven change on campus or in the community.
For more information, download the agenda.
Who will be at the Summit?
- The YP4 staff
- The 2013-2014 Fellowship class
- The 2013 Front Lines Leaders Academy Fellows
- The YP4 Alumni Board and alumni trainers
- YP4's partner organizations
Where will the Summit be held?
The 2014 YP4 National Summit will be held at the January 17-20th, 2014 at the Renaissance Capitol View | 2800 Potomac Ave | Arlington VA. Located in the DC Metro area, fellows will have access to shopping, nightlife, and DC's best sights and retaurants.
What should I pack? What should I wear?
For the opening reception, at which you'll be introduced to many of YP4's national progressive partners and donors, dress will be business casual.
For the Summit itself, it’s important to YP4 that you are comfortable. You’ll be hard at work. No need to go shopping or pack a suit. Be comfortable, be yourself — wear whatever you want to wear.
Keep in mind, it’s COLD (and might even snow!) in January, so pack accordingly.
What should I know about traveling to the National Summit?
- Remember all travel documents, including your plane ticket (or e-ticket confirmation), itinerary and government-issued photo ID.
- NOTE: Most major airlines have a minimum $25 checked luggage fee. YP4 will not cover this expense. We recommend using carry-on luggage.
- Remember, due to security regulations you can travel with liquids only in containers no larger than 3 oz and all containers must fit into one Ziploc bag. The hotel will provide shampoo, soap and lotion.
- Public transportation in Washington, DC is efficient and inexpensive. Check out the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority at www.wmata.com for fares, maps, and schedules.