Little Black Books
Little Black Books are carefully designed by senior fellows to be handy guides for campus organizers and student leaders. Little Black Books are straightforward and to the point, but useful for even the most experienced progressive activists. Little Black Books focus on essential organizing skills, illustrated with real-life stories and case studies from college activists so others can learn from fellows’ experiences.
What is in a Little Black Book?
- Easy-to-follow chapters
- Sidebars with important stand-out material
- A few simple flow charts
- Some cool (but relevant) quotes
- Do's and don'ts and some questions to ask yourself
- Tips and checklists for success
- Real-life case studies
What Little Black Books have been published?
View interactive online versions here.
- Advocacy and Lobbying (PDF)
- Mastering the [Job] Search Process(PDF)
- Professional Writing: Resumes and Cover Letters (PDF)
- Racial Justice (PDF)
- Event Planning (PDF)
- Media and Messaging (PDF)
- Coalition Building (PDF)